Be part of something you’re proud of
If there is not a current job posting listed below that fits your skillset, please feel free to upload your resume anyway and we will keep you in mind for upcoming openings. Please complete the form below and upload your current CV. Direct applicants only, no agencies please.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting tech start-ups in the UK? Geollect are looking for a data scientist who wants to apply their technical skillsets and knowledge to solve real world problems in a small, dynamic, exciting, and innovative company.
Geollect are a geospatial intelligence company: we specialise in using geospatial data to provide insights for our customers. This has included analysing maritime piracy incidents, understanding the business of illicit cargo transhipments, applying natural language processing techniques to the world’s media, and analysing satellite imagery.
The role will be diverse and varied, so we’re looking for someone who wants to learn, be challenged, and ultimately, enjoy their job. This job is not for the faint-hearted, it will be challenging but exciting and incredibly rewarding!
Geollect is looking for a data scientist with skills in Python, and preferably experience with AWS, to form an integral part of the geospatial development team. Data scientists with experience, or interest, in back-end python development/architecting (e.g., managing or contributing to our AWS environment) are particularly encouraged to apply.
You will work as part of a dynamic and close-knit team building new and proprietary approaches to solving multiple problems across the industry. Your work will directly contribute to products that add value across customers from insurance to government. You will be working primarily with geospatial data (position updates from maritime vessels), but also a range of open source, commercial (e.g., weather), and proprietary datasets.
The team at Geollect embraces each day with passion and enthusiasm for their work. You should have excellent communication skills, be creative, and detail oriented. You will work closely with the rest of the team (data scientists, and front-end and back-end developers) to discover relationships in data, solve our customers problems, and contribute towards our software solutions.
You are encouraged to apply even if you don’t have experience in all the skillsets below. Geollect are building a team that fit together well and are open to a variety of skills and levels of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a data science role (either commercial or academic).
- Good command of Python and use of relevant libraries for data analysis and machine learning
- Experience with version control software (git)
- Experience with AWS
- Relational databases and data manipulation skills in SQL and exposure to large scale “Big Data” environments
- A first class degree in a highly numerate field
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques including linear models, and tree based methods
Other Desired Skills
- Methodical and persistent approach to problem solving
- Listens well and applies ideas to functioning services/application
- Open and strong communicator
- Sharp critical thinking skills
- Open to learning new skills
- Team player
- Data visualisation and communication
- Positive attitude, good sense of humour
- Self-motivated, self-managing, project-lead experience
- Experience in machine learning model deployment in a business setting
Full-stack Web Developer
Geollect are looking for somebody with a passion for software development to join a highly motivated and impactful team.
Bristol based, Geollect specialise in providing unparalleled dynamic actionable intelligence via web mapping applications and need you to help us deliver those insights to our customers. We’re looking for somebody who can bring a great skillset to the table, but who is also looking to learn: to learn more about technology, how a small dynamic business is run, and about the wider application of their creations. We’re looking for somebody who wants to see their work being used, for example, in support of Naval operations, in investigating million-dollar litigation cases, and in supporting maritime best practices. We’ve had an exciting journey so far, and we’d like you to be part of, and help shape, our future.
Geollect prioritise building a team that fits together well and are open to a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience. Even if you do not meet all the below criteria, if you are willing to learn then we’re interested to hear from you. Candidates are welcome to get in touch for further information prior to application.
What is the role and who are we looking for?
You must be self-motivated, comfortable with responsibility, owning your decisions, and willing to work on developing an existing code-base and greenfield projects.
You will be focussed on progressing a web based geospatial data exploration platform, that has utility across multiple domains (e.g., maritime insurance, defence and security, and for specialist investigations), and also be available to provide expert advice across the business. Your work will be integral in maintaining Geollect’s position as world leaders in geospatial intelligence, through continual development and maintenance of the existing code base, and in expanding its capability to meet customer requirements. You will work closely as a key part of a passionate, growing, and excited team of developers and data scientists.
The breadth of interests and level of ambition of Geollect will mean there will be ample opportunity for growth and personal development in this rewarding role. The team at Geollect solves challenges every day, and each team member embraces each day with passion and enthusiasm for their work. We are looking for people who go above and beyond, someone who is willing to go the extra mile, and, of course, have fun!
Essential technical skills
- js (svelte, webpack/rollup, html/css3),
- AWS experience (lambda (python), API gateway, cognito),
- Database experience (mysql/postgres/dynamo),
- Terraform / IaC experience,
- Unit testing experience,
- Strong UX intuition,
- Demonstrable DevOps experience,
- Working with APIs, e.g., REST, OAuth
- Engaging in team discussions,
- Comfortable with code reviews and pull requests.
Desired qualities and experience
* Familiarity with Mapbox,
* Interest in geospatial technologies
* Listens well and applies ideas to functioning services/application
* Open and strong communicator
* Problem solving skills
* Open to learning new skills
* Positive attitude, good sense of humour
* Decision-making experience
* Self-motivated, self-managing, project-lead experience
Geollect is looking for an ambitious and creative candidate who has a passion for GIS, loves a good challenge, and wants to be part of an exciting, rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will form an integral part of the geospatial analytical team, working on multiple projects across a diverse range of sectors.
We are looking for someone who can embrace each challenge with enthusiasm as a team player or independently with a strong will to succeed. The successful candidate will handle datasets, including, but not limited to, vector and raster data, satellite imagery, infrastructure data, news and social media, maritime vessel locations, third-party APIs and crowd-sourced data, and will be using innovative techniques to assist in the creation, automation, and quality control of Geollect’s suite of products. Our analytical team looks for data relationships, patterns of life and anomalies to provide powerful insights within a comprehensive operating picture to help our clients identify operational risk and opportunities. You will also work closely with the data scientists, data engineers and web developers.
This opportunity is perfect for an individual with at least 1 year of GIS experience in a professional or academic environment. For the right employee, this role provides the opportunity to grow into leadership positions as the company scales.
You are encouraged to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. Geollect is building a team that fits together well, and comprise a variety of skills and levels of experience. Candidates are welcome to get in touch for further information prior to application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Essential technical skills
- ArcGIS suite of products experience
- ArcGIS Online knowledge
- Motivation and initiative to work effectively from a remote location, in combination with attending some office days (hybrid working pattern)
- Ability to quickly learn sector-specific information to better exploit available datasets
- Creative thinking; the candidate must have the ability to apply existing skill sets and expertise in diverse industries
- Attention to detail, the ideal candidate must be able to interrogate datasets and customer-facing products to ensure the highest quality standard
- Clear communication and listening are essential to translate user needs to solutions
- Proactive approach towards achieving new and innovative solutions to a multitude of customer needs.
- Basic understanding of programming
- Basic knowledge of standalone or proprietary programming languages for database handling, such as SQL or Arcade
- Understanding of server-based web mapping processes including WMS & WFS
- Data creation, data entry, unit and format conversion, and online repository & database maintenance
- Experience in compiling remote sensing and satellite imagery data from reputable sources
- Ability to operate within GIS workflows & model building in ArcGIS
- Ability to navigate and operate within GIS architecture and data management systems
- Ability to communicate narratives using web maps and apps using principles of UI/UX
- Clear, concise communication skills with customers and within the team
- Desire to engage with customers, and to work with the Sales team in developing marketing and customer training materials
- Evidence of continued personal and professional development.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting tech start-ups in the UK? Geollect are looking for an intelligence analyst to join our fast-growing UK team on a full-time contract.
You must be a self-starter, positive, ambitious, creative, and just get things done without constant supervision. We guarantee personal growth and professional satisfaction in abundance. Our team is highly motivated and work at a rapid pace. We have no room for dross or drifters, you will fail very quickly in our team; so if that is you, jog on. Geollect is an award-winning geospatial intelligence company at the forefront of the commercialisation of geospatial intelligence platforms and methodologies.
Responsibilities will include
- Assist with investigations into maritime events as directed by clients
- Manage weekly, monthly, and annual operational reporting structures and intelligence reports
- Timely delivery of security alerts and risk monitoring for geopolitical events
- Identify, collect and monitor new information sources to collate and create analytical products
- Operate alongside in house data scientists to create and refine operational platforms and services
- Contribute to company social media content and press releases with relevant intelligence driven assessments and analysis.
- You must have relevant business analysis/intelligence experience, with excellent people skills and the credibility and ability to work with and influence at every level of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with researching, collating, and exploiting open source information
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and great team player.
- Clear communication of data, analysis and risk and an understanding of probability yardstick conventions and source classification.
- An understanding of and interest in the maritime environment and geopolitical risk.
- Can-do mind-set, attention to detail with the ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable but not essential
- Higher education proficiency in a related field such as Security Intelligence and Diplomacy, International Relations, Criminal Justice, Politics, Law.
- Experienced in the use of Esri ArcGIS.
- Hold current UK SC or DV clearance.
- Completed Imagery Intelligence Analysis Course (DIIAC)
- Completed Defence Intelligence Analysis Module (DIAM)
Junior Marketing Assistant
Are you looking for a great opportunity for personal growth and professional satisfaction? Geollect are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join the team. We want a self-starter with ambition, vision, and creativity to help us achieve our goal of being the best in the business at what we do. You will have a key role in developing and implementing marketing campaign strategies to help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing channels on a global scale. Geollect has offices in the UK and US we have a highly skilled and focussed team that operate in a fast-paced working environment. This is not a job for the faint-hearted drifter. Up for the challenge, want to prove yourself? Get in touch.
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Create and distribute marketing materials
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the Head of Sales and Marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems
- Help organise marketing events
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
Apply for a career with us
To apply please complete the form below and upload
a covering letter and your current CV.